Monday, April 11, 2011

Retirement here I come!!


I got a letter in the mail last week from Fidelity Investments, it was a introduction to my option at a 401K. ::squee::

Knowing that I love this position, the job I'm doing and where it will tak
e me; I decided to take the plunge and sign up for my 401K. I weigh the pros, cons and how much it will take out of my already thin budget.
Solution - I'm not attending school during the summer which means working FT which means 10 more hours of work a week, an extra $540 a month!!

My 401K doesn't take effect until May 20th and will be $52 per check or $104 a month. I know it's not much, but it's a start and as my salary increases so will my contribution.

In May 2012 (when I'll graduate) I will have $1248 or so in my 401K.

Not a ridiculous amount, but I opened it and I can take with me to each job. Or change it to a savings or IRA.

Do you have a 401K?

Cheers,
Ms. Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment