Monday, March 28, 2011

Confession!


I haven't been going in early....but I have been staying 30 minutes longer. Not only do I get home quicker, no more traffic and still making money. Win, win.

I did have an unexpected expense come up that pretty much wiped out what little savings I had. Sucks. Damn cars.

My car was up for registration and I failed emissions. WTF. I had to put in $520 to fix it, which cut into the alloted $170 for renewal and emission fees.

$520 - $170 = -$350

That's right an extra $350 that wasn't budgeted.

It's been a rough month, but I've saved almost $20 this month in grocery fees. Stay positive.


Cheers,
Ms. Manda




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Manda!

I'm not sure what you're refering to in the beginning of your post when you say you've been staying 30 minutes longer. Where? At work?

Staying positive is key! Saving a few dollars is better than losing money for the month. Way to be responsible!

Eva Rushton said...

I know what you are going through. My car failed emissions last time I registered and I had to get a new muffler and tail pipe. That wasn't my idea of a fun weekend and my budget didn't like it either. I try and think about it in a positive way like at least my car gets me to and from school and work reliably.

alex said...

yeah, it's rough when totally unplanned stuff just keeps coming up. been there, done that, the only thing really to do is stay positive i guess. yeah that can be hard, but life still is a lot more fun when you're not a bitter biscuit right?

Post a Comment