Monday, March 7, 2011

Swimming in dough....

Not. I did save some money over the last 2 weeks with cooking, and only cooking one meal.

I made chili 2 Sundays ago, and still have 2 servings left in my freezer. Who knew chili could be so versatile, yummy and filling? Oh everybody?!

I usually go grocery shopping weekly, but this week I only had to grab a few items; cheese, bread and juice. I didn't spend more then $10. It was awesome.

I'm going to continue tracking my food spending for the whole month of March; compare it to February and see. I'll be doing this manually and with the help of Mint.com; I love Mint.


Every time I save money, this is what I think of. Scrooge McDuck. :)

While, I'm doing this, I also want to focus on getting to work 30 minutes early each day; might not seem like much, but trust me that's 30 more minutes of sleep. Why you may ask?

30 minutes x hourly wage x 5 days = $32.50

That's about $65 before tax extra per pay check. Or about about $100 extra a month. A hundred extra dollars. Count me in.

So those are my goals for March; they are a little late. The month caught me by surprise.

Cheers,
Ms. Manda

1 comment:

JP said...

good point on the half hour early part. I think I will start doing that.

Post a Comment