Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Official...I'm a Chef!!

As we all know, I'm trying to cute my expenses down below my income. Currently, I'm living above my means. That's sad to admit out loud.

The past two weeks I wanted to see if it was cheaper to eat or in. For some this may seem like a simple answer, but for a girl who works mornings, school in the afternoon, work again, and them nights spent either doing homework or catching up with friends. The quickest thing for me to eat is fast food, fast food and more fast food.

I spent one week eating as usual and tracking my spending. I do grocery shop, but mostly bread, ham, cheese, yogurt and granola bars. Not much really. I spent about $80 on eating for a week, including grocery shopping.

I went grocery shopping over the weekend and spent $99 on food. I made an extremely detailed food plan and stuck to it. I've already made my delicious crock pot of chili, with 4 tupperware in the freezer for later this week and even next.

It's only Monday, but I spent $19 more on groceries and it will last me more than a week.

Tomorrow night...I'm eating chili tacos! Yum! Stay tuned as I figure out exactly how much money I've saved on food alone.

Cheers,
Ms. Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment