Monday, April 25, 2011

It's been...

swell, fun, amazing, and life changing. Okay, maybe not life changing.

It's been a challenging semester; as always working full time and attending full time. A balancing act, you never quite learn. This blog has helped me in more ways then I originally thought.

My very first post. What have I accomplished over the course of the semester?

1. Stop impulsive spending - Yes. I can say with confidence this is under control. I now take the time to evaluate whether I need what I want. It's really helped my spending, and honestly I find myself getting more creative. That's the best part, the creativity.

2. Get 3 months worth of bills in savings - No. I had a few hundred dollars in my savings account, but my damn car needed repair for new registration. But I am working on building it again. I'm confident that I'll be able to bulk it back up here shortly.

3. Reduce budget - Yes and No. I've saved on my grocery budget since I've started cooking more. But gas for the car has gone up with recent prices, and the constant commute; however that will also reduce over the summer, and again once fall semester starts.

It's been a struggling semester, but another step closer to graduation.

Thank you for being a part of this. I plan to keep this blog going throughout the semester, although it might merge with my personal blog.

Cheers,
Ms. Manda

2 comments:

Jill said...

It's so hard not to spend a lot with gas and bills! Ahh it's a balancing act all the time.

Sylvia R said...

Your posts have been an engaging blend of the personal and practical--I'm sure many readers would identify.

Post a Comment