Monday, January 24, 2011

Making the Most of My Time and Money

Until today I was working 2 jobs for a total of 30+ hours a week, taking 16 credit hours and 15 hours a week for PRSSA. Whew, busy girl. While gathering all my financial information for this blog, I had to examine my income.

Job 1
25 hrs/week
$13/hr + quarterly bonus
$1,300 gross monthly income + $390 quarterly bonus

Job 2
8 hrs/week
$10/hr
$320 gross monthly income

Total gross monthly income $1620

I started looking into my schedule and discovered that instead of working at Job 2 on Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 hours, I should work for 3 hours at Job 1.

Job 2
4 * 10 = $40 gross day
8 * 10 = $80 gross weekly
32 * 10 = $320 gross monthly

Job 1
3 * 13 = $39 gross day
6 * 13 = $78 gross weekly
24 * 13 = $312 gross monthly

It's not a significant enough to continue working more hours for same amount of money. This schedule has my work days ending earlier, allowing me more time for studying and extracurricular commitments.

Now that my gross monthly income is set at $1,612, I need to work on bringing my expenses down. That's for another post.

Cheers,
Ms. Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment